Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Health Slips: Whole30 Week 3 Meal Plan

So, It's now week 3 of my Whole30 challenge which I'm doing semi well on. I do very well during the week because I mostly cook and eat at home but on the weekends its another story. I normally only eat breakfast at home on Saturday and Sunday and its normally a late breakfast so by the evening time I am starving. Another reason I have been cheating a bit is because I'm out somewhere that don't have anything I can eat which I stated in my last post. Luckily, my cheating has been so minimal that I don't think it will make a big difference in the results I have been getting from the challenge. I also believe I will continue to follow my meal plans even after I complete the challenge. I'm really beginning to embrace not eating most of the stuff I was eating on a daily basis....but anywhooo here's my meal plan for this week:

Monday:

  • Breakfast: Protein box from Starbucks. I didn't have anything to fix for breakfast :(
  • Lunch: Left overs from my dinner on Saturday from Pappadeaux's. Grilled Tilapia with spaghetti squash and a orange
  • Dinner: Chicken Tikka Masala with cauliflower substitute for rice
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
  • Breakfast:  Two hard boiled eggs, bacon and a black berry, blue berry, strawberry, flax seed and coconut milk smooothie.
  • Lunch: Left overs from Tuesday
  • Dinner: Pesto Salmon, mashed sweet potatoes, and broccoli
Thursday:
  • Breakfast:  Two hard boiled eggs, bacon and a black berry, blue berry, strawberry, flax seed and coconut milk smooothie.
  • Lunch: Left overs from Wednesday
  • Dinner Spaghetti squash, ground turkey, diced tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms.
Friday: 
  • Breakfast:  Two hard boiled eggs, bacon, and a black berry, blue berry, strawberry, flax seed and coconut milk smooothie.
  • Lunch: Left overs from Thursday
  • Dinner: most likely eat out or leftovers from Monday
Saturday and Sunday:
There you go....week 3. After this week I'll have one more week to go and I'm done...Well somewhat done. I have to say it really does get easier after the first week and I am feeling a lot better these days. The one thing I notice is the decrease in my stomach and bloating.....no bloating. I also feel a different type of energy daily. Its hard to explain but my energy level is different and better. None of that high energy and then crash type of feeling. I love it. Its really worth the sacrifice of all the bad/good tasty things I used to eat. Until next week....

Happy Transitioning!

Monique 

No comments:

Post a Comment